Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Matt Update

Before I get into the "Matt Update" let me show you my favorite card he received from his initial stint in the hospital:


this was from his corporate office in Seattle, WA

I guess the 5th Doctor was right because after four days at home Matt's fever spiked to dangerous levels again. At 11:30pm on Sunday, I brought him back to the Emergency Room at the hospital. This is when the "causes" took over.

His fever and recent history caused the ER staff to do an immediate
EKG.
His lingering infection caused an abnormal reading on the EKG.
The abnormal EKG caused a monumental reaction from the ER staff.
This reaction caused me to experience the scariest 30 minutes of my life.
This 30 minutes included an opening of the STEMI box.

The EKG said something bad was happening.
Matt and I knew it wasn't as bad as they made it sound.
Look at him!
He's OKAY.

but he's still very sick with the infection.
Long story short, the oral antibiotics they sent him home with didn't do the job and the infection came back. He's now back at the hospital with stronger IV antibiotics and is slowly recovering.

Pictures of Lauren and Tyler are helping him to recover.

The "Matt Update" will continue. My mom flew home today and Matt's mom flies in tomorrow. Words cannot describe the help, support and prayers that are being poured in our direction.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. I told Rich and Betsy and they had no idea. Matt will be in all of our prayers. Hang in there!

Chrystal & Kevin Burns said...

What a great blog you have! Kevin and I are so, so sorry to hear that Matt is BACK in the hospital. We are sure he will be back home in no time, eating you out of house and home again. If only our arms were big enough to stretch across the country to give you big warm hugs.....You will all be in our thoughts and prayers. Take care!

DesignerSam said...

Please let me know if I can drive up and help with anything, I'm only a bit over an hour away and I don't do a lot... I can just come babysit or anything. Let me know! Send my love to all, best wishes for his recovery.